So guys today am on recipes for your good health, am going to tell you how to make a meat pie, it’s my favorite snack, I eat it like always.
Meat pie is a snack, it is among the list of finger foods, and it can also be considered to be a junk food, it can be served as a dessert, meat pie is best taken with a fruit juice or any drink. It is nutritious.
Related: How to make a cake
So today like I said we are making meat pie, I’ll now list the ingredients for making meat pie.
- Margarine(don’t use butter)
- Flavor(vanilla, strawberry, apple, milk flavors)
- Baking powder
- Milk powder(optional)
- Irish potatoes
- Red meat
Now lets start:
First of all we are going to prepare a meat filling which makes up the pie through these steps. We are going to:
- Sauté the onions
- Cut the carrots and Irish potatoes into cubes
- Wash the meat and grind it using a grinder
Now after doing the above the meat is will be seasoned with salt and curry powder, add a little water to the pot while seasoning (very little), when the meat is well cooked then ad the cube cut carrot, Irish potatoes, pepper (little) and the dissolve a little amount of flour in water and add to the pot, it helps to thicken the pie filling. Stir and cover till it’s done.
To prepare the dough:
- Get a bowl; to the bowl add sieved flour(you need to spare some for some finishing touches), flavor, baking powder, milk powder, a pinch of salt and a little amount of sugar (not a must) and stir.
- Add margarine to the mixture and MIX till it looks like bread crumbs
- Add a little amount of pure water/ and a whisked egg to the dough and then knead, you need to knead it very well, so all the ingredients are well turned up, and also for the penetration of air.
- Rub a little amount of flour on a flat, smooth surface(table or board), Get the dough out of the bowl and place it on top of the table and roll it using a rolling pin, roll till flat, then cut out the dough in a circle shape using a round, sharp object, to each circled dough add the meat pie filling and close using a meat pie cutter or your hands, give the edges of the closed meat pie dough a patterned design using a fork.
- Beat two eggs and use them to rub on the surface of the unbaked meat pie, for a shiny and golden look and a smooth texture.
- Preheat your oven
- Now bake for 40mins
Now the meat pie is ready, serve with a chilled fruit juice or any other drink of your choice. Enjoy!!