Lovelies, there is this drink I love so much, thats tigernut milk drink, so today i want to tell you guys how to make it, trust me, its sweet, delicious and nutritious.
Tiger nuts are sweet and they can be eaten raw, I love chewing it in combination with peanuts (You got to try that). Tiger nuts has its benefits to health, it contains fiber in a high proportion, tiger nuts can be transformed into a smoothie or should I call it a drink called tiger nut milk( also called guero in Hausa language) The milk is mainly gotten from tiger nut, it is not a junk food because of the healthy ingredients contained in it and also the preparation methods, don’t worry you will soon agree with me.
Ingredients for making Tiger nut milk
- Coconut : you only need the fleshy endocarp
Dates: fresh dates
- Ginger: well that’s to add flavor to it
- Sugar/honey: To improve its taste
- Water: The basic ingredient
I assume you have bought the above ingredients, now this is what you will do a day before the production, you are going to soak the tiger nut(only) In water to soften it, and make the grinding process easy.
I assume that today is the day of the production, so you will follow these steps.
- Wash out the soaked tiger nut from water
- Peel your ginger, wash your dates, and get out the fleshy part of your coconut
- Wash them all and grind
- After grinding, sieve with a cloth (cotton or chiffon material will be perfect) .
- Then add a little honey or sugar
- Stir and fill into containers, leave it in the refrigerator to cool.
It can be served with a snack example meat pie, see how to make meat pie here.